Apple cider vinegar or ACV is in news these days.
ACV is packed with enormous goodness and it is beneficial in many ways.
Some claims it to be the oldest remedy on earth. It is mostly used to add as a flavoring agent but it has many more to offer then just flavor.
A huge number of people have added ACV in their regular routine because of its benefits.
ACV not only works in a certain way it nourish your health in multiple ways. The first and most important work of ACV is detoxification.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of fermented apple juice extracted by crushing apples the sugar in this juice is then get break down by yeast or bacteria which results in alcohol and then into vinegar.
This is the time when we called it ACV.
What apple cider vinegar contains?
The ingredients in apple cider vinegar vary and are not same in every bottle. But it has high amount of acids in it.
The acids found in apple cider vinegar are:
- Acetic acid.
- Citric acid.
- Malic acid.
- Lactic acid.
These acids form by fermentation of different sugars present in apple juice already.
Other ingredients found commonly in most of apple cider vinegar are:
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin b 1, b2 and b6.
- Folic acid.
- Pantothenic acid.
It also contains some minerals which are sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
The lists of benefit by apple cider vinegar is still increasing but let’s discuss some which are reported commonly by its users and analysts.
1. Lower blood pressure levels
Potassium in apple cider vinegar balances the sodium level in body which in turn manages the blood pressure and eventually decreases the heart diseases chances.
ACV is scientifically proven for lowering blood pressure.
2. Ease up the blood vessels
Hardening of blood vessels after a certain age is very common, ACV is rich in magnesium as well which eases up the blood vessels and lower down the blood pressure.
3. Improved heart health
ACV works in various ways to keep your heart healthy. ACV promotes the HDL which is good for your body and lower down the triglyceride in body.
This finding is confirmed by Medscape General Medicine in 2006 and further confirmed by the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2011.
ACV also has natural antioxidants which prevent LDL oxidation which acts a s a primer for initiating heart diseases.
4. Makes your lymphatic system clean
Lymphatic system cleans the body cells and improves the immune system.
It breaks down the mucus already in lymph nodes and cleans the lymph nodes for healthier functioning.
This all cleans the body system from toxins.
5. Detoxify liver specifically
ACV detoxifies whole body but it specifically cleans the liver.
This is confirmed by scientific studies that ACV can clear out liver from toxins as liver is where all extra energy is stored and food these days is polluted with many things which all build up in liver.
By cleaning liver you actually clean your whole body from toxins and pollutants you have had consumed, this saves you from other issues which you might encounter in your life ahead.
6. Decreases chances of osteoporosis
Acv not only has calcium as a mineral ingredient to help you for healthy bones and teeth but it also facilitates the absorption of calcium in bones.
Osteoporosis is a very common issue in women these days but having some amount of ACV regularly might help you in increasing absorption in bones.
7. Weight loss and ACV
The work ACV does for weight loss is proven and yet we also have number of testimonials claiming that they lose extra pounds just by adding ACV in their diet and little workout.
There are many studies which confirmed the working of ACV for weight loss, let’s discuss the way ACV helps in weight loss.
a) ACV as a probiotic:
- The probiotics improves the gut health and over all increases the digestion.
- The better the digestion and absorption is, the better is your health.
- Probiotic increase the number of bacteria in gut which aids in digestion.
- These bacteria might digest the fats within your gut reducing the available fat for storage.
- A healthy gut is scientifically proven to lessen the absorption of fat in body.
b) Reduces fat in body:
- ACV in different animal and human based study is proven to reduce the already stored fat in body.
- Just by adding a little amount of ACV in your diet you can get the results.
- The belly fat reduction is the most attractive part of it. But it reduces the fat even in your blood and also from your liver.
- The studies show this weight loss just only by adding ACV in diet no other big changes were made in subject’s life style.
c) Makes you feel full:
- Vinegars of all kind are said to make you feel full even when you eat less.
- ACV acts the same it not only gives you feel of satiety but also levels out sugar levels and insulin in the body.
- By this ACV lessen out your calorie intake and in long run aid up in weight loss.
- This makes ACV a best diet partner for foodies out there who couldn’t resist eating.
- In some studies ACV cuts down approximately 200 – 250 calorie in a day.
d) Lowers blood sugar levels:
- When high carbohydrate foods are taken a sudden increase in body sugar levels occur which further followed by mood swings, headache and more hunger.
- By this over eaters can get tamed and it will surely help in keeping extra pounds off the ladder.
- Not only in manner of obesity ACV helps but it also help diabetes patient by controlling over all sugar in body and increasing sensitivity to insulin in the body cells.
- These both claims are scientifically proved and studies were not only conducted in animals but human subjects were also considered.
8. Apple cider vinegar keeps your body alkaline:
The balance of acid and alkaline in body is essential as every function of body carried out at a certain ph.
When Ph is disturbed certain reactions which need alkaline Ph stop occurring. The food we consumes and environment around us turns our body Ph more to acidic side and disturbs the balance.
ACV with respect to ingredients is more acidic but when consumed turns into alkaline and shift the body ph to alkaline side for maintaining the balance.
Foods which are processed and rich in carbohydrates results in increase of acid levels in body.
Which ACV brand is best?
Apple cider vinegar is available by many brands but best health benefits are attained by organic ACV.
Organic ACV is unpasteurized and made naturally with no additives and chemicals. Raw organic ACV is available in markets.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
ACV because of its taste doesn’t feel pleasant to take directly.
The recommended amount is two spoonfuls a day. Mostly ACV is used by people in three ways:
- Dilute it with some juice.
- Add in raw honey (personal favorite).
- Add it in tea.
- Add in your salads will increase taste as well as health.
How to use ACV to attain certain benefits?
Some people needs more work on certain areas and want to take ACV in such perspective that it helps them the most such as women with osteoporosis.
So here is how to incorporate ACV in diet to increase only certain benefits:
For osteoporosis and diabetes it is recommended to have a spoonful ACV diluted with or after meal.
For body detoxification a spoonful in morning and night is suggested. Same doses go with acne victims to treat it internally.
For healthy gut, weight loss and satiety a spoonful of diluted ACV is needed to be taken with meals.
It is highly recommend to use diluted ACV because it’s concentrated and would be harsh on your mouth, throat and esophagus when consumes directly.
ACV when undiluted can damage teeth enamel as well.
Go through your medicines before taking ACV as it is a probiotic if you are on certain medicines or going through some issues with your guts ACV might make it worse.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy and has been proven effective in nearly every clinical study.
ACV is used for centuries and said the reason behind longer life spans of our ancestors.
Incorporating a small amount of ACV in diet looks mandatory when you go through its benefits.
In start just go slow and stick with a small amount of ACV as higher concentration will be damaging.
In comparison to medicine for heart diseases, cholesterol, acne, bone damages and weight loss apple cider vinegar is for sure better and it is a single treatment for these all.